Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ecological Intelligence




1. Basically, what ecological intelligence is knowing what the impact of you everyday decisions are on the environment.




2. This relates the question 'Why don't people live more sustainably?' because people may not live sustainably because they do not know how to. If somebody doesn't have any ecological intelligence, then they can't really live sustainably. After reading this article, it seems to me that even the people that think they are living sustainably really are not. I believe that people really need to open their eyes to see what they are actually doing to the planet and analyze each of their actions to see if it really is an environmentally friendly move.




3. I believe that I don't really have that high of ecological intelligence. I believe that I really need to learn to live more sustainably. Even though I may not be very well educated, I do believe that I display some ecological intelligence. An example is that when I leave my room I always shut off the lights because I understand that when I waste power by leaving lights on, not only does it affect my power bill, but the coal mines all the way in Africa where the coal was mined that was used to burn to make the power, was just increase because of what I did. I realize that leaving my lights on doesn't only affect me, but the rest of the world as well.




No comments: