Tuesday, October 7, 2008

S.L.O.B.: Code

After reading the Secret Life of Bees (SLOB) I think that my predictions were accurate, but this was because I wasn't to specefic with my predictions so that I could predict right.

Some of the more accurate predictions were like "the book will start off in the south where a girl will get into some sort of trouble". This was a very accurate prediction because once Rosaleen was jailed, then Lily made an illegal action and broke her out. This was my prediction for the way that the book will start off.

One of my predictions that was not correct was when I thought the theme of the story would be about a girl that faces problems in life. This wasn't really the 'theme' because it wasn't really problems in life that she faced, it was more of her trying to find out who she is. Also, that wasn't the largest theme. There were bigger, more important ones such as racism and the Black Mary.

1 comment:

Ms. Charlotte said...

Still sticking to calling it "Slob", huh?

:)

No picture? Put something!